COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT PROFILE
CRIT Engineering College established a Computer Science & Engineering Department in 2008. In 2012, to promote post graduate students, Department was started Master of Technology M.Tech (CSE) under AICT. The Laboratories are established with all modern facilities.
The Department will be the center of Excellence in Training and Research in the areas of COMPUTER SCIENCE & Engineering to meet the present and future needs of society with human face.
- To train the students in latest technologies.
- To achieve the best standards in theoretical and practical aspects: apart from involving them in live projects in collaboration with industry
- To develop indigenous and appropriate technologies at low cost.
- To provide guidance and supervision in identified IT domains and to enhance the R & D potential of students and scholars.
Quality Policy :
- To improve the teaching learning at both UG and PG level.
- To evaluate the performance of Students at regular intervals and take necessary steps for betterment.
- To establish & develop centers of excellence for research & Consultancy.
- To prepare students to face the competition in the market globally & realize the responsibilities as true Citizen to serve the nation & uplift the country-pride.
1 Excellence in Education:
- a) Promote the advancement of knowledge in Computer Science & Engineering.
- b) Devise curriculum that incorporates sound engineering and planning philosophies and professional practices that recognize community and national goals for sustainability, environmental sensitivity, livability and safety.
- c) Identify and prioritize present and emerging issues in Computer Science & Engineering.
- d) Demonstrate the state of art technology through laboratory experiments.
- e) Disseminate timely information on research, practice and policy innovations.
- f) Develop and publish manuals, course material and other materials for benefit of students.
2 Multidisciplinary Collaboration:
- a) Commit to productive professional discussions and information sharing for policies, systems and projects related to Computer Science and Engineering.
- b) Sponsor multidisciplinary professional conferences, forums, and other outreach activities.
- c) Publish multidisciplinary pamphlets and electronic resources.
3 Inter- institutional catalyst
- a) Take a leadership role in defining and discussing issues related to Computer Science & Engineering.
- b) Organize Institute members to respond to important policy issues.
- c) Use the media to promote public awareness of the importance of latest technologies and improve public awareness.
- d) Inform other professional organizations of Institute goals and activities.
- e) Discuss cooperative opportunities for conferences, publications and projects.
- f) Increase cooperation among academia, industry, consultants and government agencies.
4 Diverse and empowered faculty
- a) Promote active faculty participation and provide leadership opportunities
- b) Recruit faculty from a variety of disciplines
- c) Promote active participation by alumni, recognized members from local bodies, industry and other professional organizations
- d) Recognize outstanding achievements and service of Department faculty.
5 Spectrum of services
- a) Provide opportunities for the stakeholders to share information, practices and technology.
- b) Plan and organize professional development courses, workshops
- c) Identify and provide other needed professional services for stakeholders
6 Consulting services
- a) Provide opportunities for faculty and students to participate in industrial consulting
- b) Use finances from consulting for creating advanced facilities
7 Quick response
- a) Identify emerging issues and proactively develop Department policy and activities
- b) Streamline Department management procedures.
- B Tech in Computer Science & Engineering ( 4 years)
- M Tech in Computer Science & Engineering ( 2 years)
Laboratory and Instructional Facilities:
Wi-fi with 70Mbps
SERVER – HP Proliant ML350GL
Server- Intel Xeon – 3.0 Ghz.,
Server- Intel Xeon – 3.0 Ghz.,
Totally n/w ed environment
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LAB
MAT LAB Software
Placement Mentor Software
VISUAL STUDIO 6.0 ENTERPRISE EDITION
AUTO CAD – 14
TURBO C, BORLAND C WEKA , RATIONAL ROSE
MOU with ORACLE
WINDOWS 7 , LINUX